Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Dan Goldenberg, Executive Director of the Call of Duty Endowment, the charitable arm of one of the world's most popular video games. They discuss how the endowment is working with companies like Costco, GameStop, Best Buy, and Carl’s Jr this holiday season to do something about veteran unemployment.
On the show, Megan, Dan and Joe discuss:
- How the Call of Duty Endowment got started in 2007 and its mission to put vets back to work.
- Dan's background and why he was uniquely qualified for the executive director's position.
- Call of Duty Black Ops III launched on November 6th and the endowment benefited from it with the sale of "Challenge" coins and dog tags.
- How Call of Duty Endowment uses exclusivity and bundling to attract and keep retail partners.
- How the endowment measures the effectiveness of its cause campaigns.
- The endowment's focuses on companies that are interested in gamers (i.e. men ages 18-33).
- The growth of the Race to Prestige and how it raised $203,000 in 2015.
Links and Notes: