Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Brian Reich, Director of Project Hive, the UN Refugee Agency’s innovation lab, about a new engagement campaign called Refugee Emojis.
The goal of Refugee Emojis is to spark discussion among Americans around the daily struggles faced by refugees, while also establishing a fun and common language for people of all countries to connect around the needs of refugees.
On the show, Megan, Brian and Joe discuss:
- How Brian, a longtime cause consultant and author of two books, got involved with Hive.
- How Brian created a fast-moving, responsive team to battle American perceptions on refugees.
- Why Hive isn’t interested in traditional metrics like “awareness.” They are driving engagement and donations to the issue and having a real impact.
- Hive’s most recent campaigns involved Major League Baseball and the Pope’s visit to the United States. The goal is to bring the refugee issue to people where they are.
- The goal behind Refugee Emojis: to give people a timely, fun and popular language to discuss refugee issues.
- How companies are supporting the global refugee crisis and how they might support Refugee Emojis.
- What Hive will be focusing on in 2016.
Links & Notes