Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to a true cause marketing superstar: Scott Beaudoin. Scott is a veteran of many top cause campaigns and agencies and was recently named the chief strategy officer and executive managing director of corporate and brand purpose at RF|Binder, a full-service public relations agency in New York City.
On today’s show, Megan, Scott and Joe discuss:
- How Scott got his cause marketing start with Carol Cone, but his roots were in TV reporting.
- While Scott has worked at some larger agencies - like MSLGROUP, the fourth largest PR conglomerate in the world - his new position is with a smaller agency that prizes the central role purpose plays for every organization.
- The business case for working with agencies focused on social good. While many agencies have touched some part of cause marketing, only a few know how to work at the c-suite and use purpose to drive business innovation.
- How slow growth at most agencies is squeezing talent and resources and hampering social good strategy.
- How Millennials are leading the purpose revolution.
- Is “Cause Marketing” the right term for what purpose professionals do? Does it need to be retired?
- Scott’s advice for nonprofits who want to build win-win partnerships. The right mindset is critical!
Links & Notes
- Scott Beaudoin on Twitter
- Cause Talk Radio 50: New PurPle Index Tracks Corporate Purpose, Participation and Performance