Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Robin Hulshizer, a partner at Latham & Watkins LLP and Chicago chairwoman of Do The Write Thing, an initiative of the National Campaign to Stop Violence.
Each year, the program invites sixth-, seventh- and eighth-graders in the Chicago area to submit essays about the impact of youth violence on their communities. Students write about how violence has affected their lives, the causes of it and what that they can do to help reduce it.
On the show, Megan, Robin and Joe discuss:
- How Robin's last name is a curse word in German. Really.
- How Do the Write Thing is geared to middle-schoolers to help them address violence.
- How Latham & Watkins LLP got involved with Do the Right Thing and the National Campaign to Stop Violence in 2008.
- How Latham & Watkins LLP views community involvement as a business objective.
- How the program works and begins with outreach to Chicago teachers every fall.
- How Robin plans to grow the program with improved educational resources and partnerships.
- How Latham & Watkins employees get involved with the program.
- How the legal industry is embracing cause initiatives and why it's so important.
- How Latham & Watkins communicates with clients about their purpose initiatives.
Links & Notes