Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and I talk to Jenny Fouracre, Director, Public Relations and Charitable Giving, atDomino's Pizza about their longtime partnership with theNational Fire Protection Association (NFPA).
As part of Fire Prevention Week, Domino’s and NFPA are partnering to promote home fire safety this spring using Domino’s box toppers to share electrical safety tips. Participating Domino’s stores will also work in conjunction with local fire departments to deliver pizzas in fire engines!
On the show, Megan, Jenny and I discuss:
- How Domino's got involved with NFPA. It started with one store!
- How Domino's uses box toppers and free pizza deliveries to educate homeowners on fire prevention in the fall and the spring.
- How local stores work with their fire departments to arrange deliveries to customers.
- How Domino's corporate encourage franchise owners to participate in the program.
- How Domino's corporate works with local stores and fire departments to secure media coverage.
- The value of working with first responders and Domino's long history working with firefighters.
- Other charitable campaigns Domino's participates in, like St. Jude's Thanks & Giving, which has raised $30 million over 12 years.
- Why the pizza industry in general is so engaged in cause marketing. Pizza is the perfect social good food!
- How Domino's motivates and rewards employee participation with.... chicken pins??
Links & Notes