161: Planet Fitness Battles Bullying Outside Gyms with 'Judgement Free Generation'
Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to McCall Gosselin, Vice President of Public Relations at Planet Fitness, about the launch of its first national cause initiative. Building off its Judgment Free Zone policies, Planet Fitness created a pro-kindness, anti-bullying movement called The Judgement Free Generation through a partnership with STOMP Out Bullying and Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
On the show, Megan, McCall and Joe discuss:
- How The Judgement Free Generation got started. Planet fitness had supported local causes before, but never at a national level.
- How Planet Fitness wants to extend its encouragement culture and no-intimidation policy to teens outside the gym.
- How Planet Fitness plans to raise $1.3 million for STOMP and BGCA, and how they are working with the two charities on the gym-level.
- How Planet Fitness is engaging employees and customers in the campaign - and how the fitness chain effectively communicates with stakeholders at 1,500 locations.
- The business case for cause marketing. Does it drive memberships?
- What Planet Fitness has learned from launching their very first cause marketing program. What could they do better?
- What's next for Planet Fitness? Are they planning additional cause marketing programs?
Links & Notes