164: Is Virtual Reality the Future of Social Good?
Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Gentry Lane, founder of TDO Productions, a company that is harnessing the power of virtual reality and leveraging it for social good. TDO's virtual reality experiences are formulated to inspire massive empathy that drives viewers to immediate action.
On the show, Megan, Gentry and Joe discuss:
- All the things you can do with virtual reality! You can switch places with someone, you can teleport and time travel.
- The rise of virtual reality over the past twenty of years. It's evolving like cellphones did, but more quickly.
- The power of virtual reality. It lives forever, has a captive audience and powerfully conveys emotions. "Our brains react in virtual reality the same way they react to real life."
- How you can donate, sign a petition, share on social media without ever leaving your virtual reality experience.
- Gentry's argument on why social good is the best use of virtual reality technology.
- What causes need to do NOW to prepare themselves for when virtual reality becomes mainstream.
- The difference between virtual reality and augmented reality.
- What happened to Google Glass?
Links & Notes