183: Uber Makes Donating Clothes to Goodwill Easy
Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Ryan Kuhn Senior Director of Marketing for Goodwill Industries International about a national collection drive they launched with the help of Uber.
Megan, Ryan and Joe discuss:
- Goodwill was the recent winner of PUBLIC's Cause Marketing Innovation Award.
- Goodwill's national program with Uber began with a local relationship in New York. Collection drives included clothing and e-waste drives.
- How Uber promoted the campaign to customers
- How Goodwill helped local Uber drivers connect with local stores in their community.
- How Goodwill's work with Uber required flexility and a commitment to innovation.
- The logistics behind the campaign. Uber collected 250,000 pounds of clothes for Goodwill!
- The power of tapping into the strengths of your partner.
- The target demographic for Goodwill is women between the ages of 35 and 45. The Uber campaign helped them reach this audience and a younger demographic.
- The business benefits of the program to Uber.
- The future of Goodwill's partnership with Uber.
Links & Notes