201: SoCal Honda Dealers 'Causejack' Super Bowl for Charity
Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Patrick Adams, Managing Director, Secret Weapon Marketing, the creative minds behind the Helpful Bowl, a bigger, better Super Bowl that has SoCal Honda donating money to Boys & Girls Clubs in Southern California for every Big Game ad that has an advertising cliche.
On the show, Megan, Patrick and Joe discuss:
- How the Helpful Bowl got started by Southern California Honda dealers. Ultimately, people wanted to be helped!
- How the Helpful Bowl works. They're not advertising during the Super Bowl, but they will be donating money based on the commercials.
- Why Megan and Joe will be looking for puppies and aliens in Super Bowl ads.
- Megan asks: "Is the Helpful Bowl an example of 'causejacking?'" Yes!
- Other ways SoCal Honda are being "helpful" and serving the community.
- What are the business objectives of the campaign?
- Patrick's thoughts on how cause marketing has evolved over the past decade.
- The power of a brand having a year-long cause platform as opposed to a transactional cause promotion.
Links & Notes