218: This Snack Company is Helping Families Worldwide Put Meals First
Mondelez International Foundation
Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Sarah Delea, President of the Mondelez International Foundation (MIF) on the impact and results from its school and community-based gardening programs on five continents.
MIF is the giving arm of Mondelez International, a world leader in biscuits, chocolate, gum, candy and powdered beverages, featuring global Power Brands such as Oreo and Trident gum.
On the show, Megan, Joe, and Sarah discuss:
- The background of Mondelez International and how the foundation got started with its Call for Well Being.
- MIF's global work and the success they've had with "aquaponics."
- How MIF is tracking the success of its work, and how they cross-pollinate good ideas around the world, including here in the United States.
- Success stories from China, Mexico and some of the cultural challenges MIF has had.
- How Joe can eat a sleeve of Oreos and still keep his sexy shape.
- The size of MIF and the important role partnerships play in achieving their goal.s
Links & Notes