Grappling with the complexities of evaluating ELL students for SPED services? How do you evaluate a bilingual student when you are a monolingual English-speaking clinician? This podcast will provide a general overview of the special education evaluation process for culturally and linguistically diverse student populations. This process aligns with both federal and state statues and research-based best practice principles. Listen all the way through for instructions on how to document your free CEUs.
Down below we've got Amazon links to Frank's favorite ELL Evaluation resources for SLPs. He references many of these in both the CEU and After Show episodes, so we thought we'd do you a solid and make it easy-peasy for you to get your hands on 'em. You're welcome.
Q & A with Frank in the Hello Live Aftershow!
After Frank's fantastic presentation, he hung out for a while longer for a question and answer session on serving this population. Listen in!
Frank's Top 5 ELL Assessment Resources
1. Essentials of Cross Battery Assessment (Flanagan, Ortiz, and Alfonso)
2. Multicultural Students with Special Language Needs (Roseberry-McKibbin)
3. Assessing Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Students (Rhodes, Ochoa, and Ortiz)
4. Culturally Competent Practice with Immigrant and Refugee Children and Families (Fong)
5. Dual Language Development and Disorders (Paradis, Genesee, Crago)