It’s time to start thinking about Father’s Day and all of the amazing men in your life. For some of you that means double, or even triple duty, as you consider your own father or grandfather as well as the father of your precious cherubs.
While the default may be to make a special breakfast or dinner for Dad and call it good, this week’s episode offers a thoughtful approach to honoring that special guy in your family’s life. My guest this week is Larry Hagner, host of The Good Dad Project podcast and he’s an endless source of really fantastic dad’s day ideas, from the basics all the way to the meaningful. Larry’s ideas are simple and thoughtful…the best kind, in my book!
Here are just a few of the great topics and gift ideas we discuss in today’s episode:
- Socks, ties, belts, watches, sunglasses (yes, these are still great gifts)
- Monthly subscription gifts
- Why guys love to grill
- Grill-related gifts (rubs, cookbooks, lights, accessories, meat thermometers and more)
- Beer, wine and cigar-related gifts (see mentioned links below for specifics)
- Words of affirmation and appreciation
- Photo books and memories
- Handmade cards
- On Jim Gaffigan
- Best day-of ideas for dad (dinner, breakfast, dinner table memories of dad)
p style=”margin-left:0px; margin-right:0px”>Find Larry at The Good Dad Project online or Facebook. And be sure to check out his fantastic podcast The Good Dad Project. Have other great Father’s Day gift ideas? Send Larry and me a tweet! Larry’s @GoodDadProject and I’m @MeganStrand.