Microsoft, Facebook & Slack — The Fight for Teams in 2017 with Peter O’Kelly
Collaboration is the word for 2017, and the dominant tool for bringing modern collaboration and communication to your enterprise teams has yet to emerge. Between media darling Slack, Microsoft Teams, and Workplace by Facebook, the coming year is poised to bring a significant settling to this market, and you might find your users clamoring for a new environment as a result.
Peter O’Kelly of O’Kelly Associates joins BA Insight CTO Jeff Fried and Pete Wright for a state of the union of collaboration tools. Peter has been working in this space since the early 1980s. He worked on the Notes product management team for several years, and later ran product management for Groove Networks. He's been an industry analyst (including VP and research director at Burton Group) and also worked on enterprise collaboration solutions at Microsoft. Today, as an independent consultant, Peter helps software vendors with product and competitive strategies in communication, collaboration and database tools.
Links & Notes
- Share your experience
- Find Peter O’Kelly on LinkedIn
- Peter O’Kelly’s Reality Check
- The History of Notes and Domino
- The CASAHL Blog
- Microsoft Teams Constrains Slack, Gooses Google, and Weakens Workplace by Facebook
- Gilbane Conference Presentation: How Consumer Cloud Conquered Corporate Control of Communication and Collaboration